Ways you can participate
- Give someone you haven’t spoken to in a while a call / text. Sometimes people just need to know you’re there
- Ask someone how their day was. Something as simple as this could make such a huge difference to someone’s day.
- Perform a random act of kindness. Buy some chocolates to share with your friends / work colleagues, keep an eye out for ways you could lend a hand to the people around you
- Share mental health stories on your social media, just liking and sharing posts and videos on your facebook / twitter can spread the word, you might share the very thing someone needed to see
- If you suffer with a mental health issue, tell your truth. You never know who might be grateful to hear your words. (Websites like The Mighty allow you to become s contributor and share your stories with the community) Or start a blog, write a honest facebook post, or just text a trusted friend and tell them how you’re feeling. You never know who might have needed to hear what you have to say.
What are you doing for Time To Talk day 2017?